Tuesday, April 21, 2009



I have been working on starting a doll ministry. My minister has been challenging us to Do Something in our community and since I am a doll maker and that is my passion, I have been really lead to make dolls for the police dept. Right at the present time I have a sewing where I work, Sew Pro's Sewing and Vacuum, once a week but I have hopes of expanding it to be a real ministry at my church. The dolls we make Get a home in the back of a police cruiser and someday into the arms of a child that could use a little comfort. Whether they are the victims of abuse, fire, or an accident, having a dolly to hug can make the experiance a little less frightening. I have such a heart for this misistry. As a small child my brothers and sisters and I were taken to a childrens shelter for a few days and I can remember how frightening it can be to not really understand what is happening and not really trusting the police officers. This is a way for the officers to reach out to the children.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I did copy and paste parts of this for my newsletter. Karen

    ReplyDelete